I created this blog, not to blast out my opinions, but to gather opinions from those who are seeking or have recently used a wedding or portrait photographer. I believe that as a photographer I work for my customers, not for my self. This blog is one way to help me avoid assumptions about the needs and desires of my customers. I'll be posting different topics in hopes that everyone will participate and provide their opinions.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I recently shot a hair and make up show. The job included taking preparation/getting ready photos, head shots of models when their hair and make up was completed, as well as some runway shots. It was a very fun job and the photos turned out beautifully!

Being behind the lens, I noticed some things I perhaps would not have noticed if I were just sitting in the audience casually watching. The models I photographed were stunning and beautiful, but walked very fast on the runway. The overall pace on the runway could have been more effective if slowed down and more steady. I'm sure it's easier said than done, but models if you are out there try to take a few deep breaths before walking out onto the runway and keep it steady on the runway with a nice couple second display at the end of the runway to pose and show yourself off!

No comments:

Post a Comment